DOH Training Body Piercing
Education Course for Body Piercers
Section 381.0075, Florida Statutes (F.S.), and Chapter 64E-19, Florida Administrative Code (F.A.C.) require persons seeking licensure as a body piercer to complete an initial formal training course or correspondence approved by the department per 64E-19.002(7), FAC.
Operators of body piercing establishments as well as piercers MUST receive annual training on any one subject or combination of subjected listed in subsection of 64E-19.002(7), FAC.
· Helpful training materials will be distributed
· Participants will be given an opportunity for interactive questions and answers with the consultant conducting the training session
· Instructors are professional and knowledgeable
Our training session is specific for the Body Piercing Industry and includes:
- Purpose of the Standard
- Modes of Transmission
- Methods to Prevent Transmission
- Standard Precautions to Prevent Transmission of Infectious Diseases
- Managing Biomedical in a Body Piercing Setting
- Standards of Practice
- Written examination
Biomed provides course certificates for participants completing the course to document fulfilling their requirements according to the Florida Department of Health regulations, 64E-19.
- You must provide proof of completion of the Initial Course prior to taking the Refresher Course**