Any person who prepares RMW for transport and anyone who signs the Biomedical Waste manifest is signing on behalf of the generator (your facility) and is subject to DOT requirements (49 CFR 172 Subpart H and 172 Subpart C). Your employees are therefore considered hazmat employees and the requirements are applicable.
Hazardous Waste Personnel of a Large Quantity Generator must:
- receive initial training within six months of employment or assuming a new job function that is applicable to the regulations OR
- be directly supervised by trained and knowledgeable personnel if they perform a regulated function before receiving initial training
- General awareness/Familiarization
- Function-specific training
- Safety training
- Security awareness
- Security plan training (Large Quantity Generators only)
After completing the training session, the HazMat employee is required to take and pass the DOT HazMat test.
Upon successful completion, a certificate will be awarded documenting the training requirements according to 49 CFR Chapter 51.
*Our online training course is developed by Biomed's Lead Trainer*
· Receive proper waste handling and emergency procedures, relevant to your employees' responsibilities
· Training Outline and Handout available for download
· Certificate awarded after completion of training and HazMat Testing
Once the course is purchased individuals will be able to:
- Receive their unique login and have full access to the course(s)
- Work at their own learning pace
- Save where they left off and resume the course until it is completed
- Complete each chapter and quiz in sequence prior to moving on to the next chapter
- Retake the quiz and review previous lessons
- Receive a weekly reminder if the course has not been completed within the specified time
- Download outline(s) and handout(s)