DOT Hazardous Material Training
How does my practice fall under these guidelines?
Any person who prepares RMW for transport and anyone who signs the Biomedical Waste manifest is signing on behalf of the generator (your facility) and is subject to DOT requirements (49 CFR 172 Subpart H and 172 Subpart C). Your employees are therefore considered hazmat employees and the requirements are applicable.
Hazardous Waste Personnel must receive initial training within six months of employment or assuming a new job function that is applicable to the regulations. They must be directly supervised by trained and knowledgeable personnel if they perform a regulated function before receiving initial training.
Our training session includes:
- General awareness/Familiarization
- Function-specific training
- Safety training
- Security awareness
- Security plan training (Large Quantity Generators only)
- Certificate of completion
· Employees receive proper waste handling and emergency procedures, relevant to employees responsibilities and specific for your facility
· Sign-in sheets and handouts are provided
* IN PERSON TRAINING RATES LISTED ARE FOR DADE, BROWARD, PALM BEACH & COLLIER COUNTIES ONLY
ADDITIONAL TRAVELING FEE OF $100 FOR ALL OTHER COUNTIES
- Employee name
- Employee email address
- Job title
- Employee Name
- Description of course
- Completion date
- Test scores