DOT Hazardous Material Training
How does my practice fall under these guidelines?
Any person who prepares RMW for transport and anyone who signs the Biomedical Waste manifest is signing on behalf of the generator (your facility) and is subject to DOT requirements (49 CFR 172 Subpart H and 172 Subpart C). Your employees are therefore considered hazmat employees and the requirements are applicable.
Our training session includes:
- General awareness/Familiarization
- Function-specific training
- Safety training
- Security awareness
- Security plan training (Large Quantity Generators only)
· You are given an opportunity for interactive questions and answers with the consultant conducting the training session
· Receive proper waste handling and emergency procedures, relevant to your employees responsibilities and specific for your facility
· We provide sign-in sheets for employees attending the training session
· Instructors are professional and knowledgeable