10-hour General Industry Training
Workers are taught about their rights, employer responsibilities, and how to file a complaint as well as how to recognize, abate and prevent job-related hazards by an OSHA Authorized Outreach Program Trainer.
After training is complete, the student will receive a student course completion card from the University of South Florida OSHA Training Institute Education Center.
The course takes place over two calendar days.
- the first day of training hours are from 8:30am - 4pm,
- the following day training hours will be from 8:30am - 12:00pm
The training will cover the following topics:
- Introduction to OSHA
- Walking & Working Surfaces
- Exit Routes, Emergency Action Plans, Fire Prevention Plans and Fire Protection
- Personal Protective Equipment
- Hazard Communication
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Safety & Health Program